NEXT HOME GAME: After Saturday’s 5-3 WIN over the Guildford Flames, we are back on home ice on Friday 15th March when the Dundee Stars come to Braehead Arena (7:30pm face-off). We also welcome back #10 Stefan Meyer for his Wall of Fame banner unveiling.

Tickets are available online HERE, by calling the tickets hotline on 0844 499 1700 or direct at the Braehead Arena box office (Thursday 12 noon to 9pm, Friday 12 noon to 5pm and Saturday 10am to 2pm).


Gerard Hanson scored twice in the third period as Glasgow Clan looked to chase down Belfast Giants at the SSE Arena, but the team came up short in their only game of the weekend.

With the Challenge Cup Final dominating the weekend, which Belfast will play Guildford Flames in Cardiff, Adam Keefe’s side got the win they wanted to not only keep their title hopes going, but gave them a winning feeling going into Sunday’s game.

As for the Clan, they’ve got a week to reflect and move on from this disappointment and despite a scrappy first period, performed well enough even if the final score wasn’t the one anyone wanted.

Giants were ahead inside the opening five minutes when Kyle Baun’s effort rebounding out to a wide position where Jordan Smotherman picked up on the right and smashed his shot into the roof of Joel Rumpel’s net.

Scott Pitt levelled before the end of the first when he took Travis Ehrhardt’s pass and rifled in from the inside left to end the opening session all square.

Belfast were back in front when Blair Riley squared to Josh Roach in the centre and with one touch of the puck, opened up a gap and tucked it into the Clan net.

Darcy Murphy added a third, getting a final touch on a blue line shot from Kevin Raine to divert it in, opening a two-goal lead.

Guillaume Doucet got one back for the Clan, finishing off from close range after Giants goalie Tyler Beskorowany spilled an effort from Tyson Wilson.

Giants made it 4-2 by the end of the second as Riley had time and space to send a low diagonal shot into the right hand corner of Rumpel’s net.

The visitors made it interesting with a third goal as Hanson tipped in an Ehrhardt shot and the gap was narrowed again, but only until Baun scored again to make it 5-3 with 11 minutes to go.

Hanson struck again in the final couple of minutes to shorten the gap again and despite Rumpel being pulled late on, Clan couldn’t get the equaliser as the home fans celebrated another big win.

Send us your photos from the Viola Arena on Clan Twitter and Clan Instagram using the #PurpleArmyOnTour hashtag.

Our next home game is sponsored by Apsray Paisley, visit their website HERE.